Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tuesday's With Movies: 8/13/13

Olympus Has Fallen: One of two White House attack movies that were released this summer - its odd that they come in two (Deep Impact/Armageddon) sometimes. I am not sure which one I will like more - but looks like I will get to see this one first.

The Big Wedding: I am not sure about this - Mrs. Kano might want to check it out, so I probably will as well eventually. I really enjoy Topher Grace - and it looks like it just might be crazy enough for me to watch.

Emperor: A film based on the end of World War II and if Emperor Hirohito will be executed as a war criminal - tossed in is a bit of a love story (of course). Stars Tommy Lee Jones and Matthew Fox - doesn't look amazing, but I think I will check it out.

What Maisie Knew: A film about a 7-year old girl caught in the middle of a difficult custody battle between her parents. Doesn't look like a film for me.

3 Geezers: A guy is up for a role as an older guy and does some research, and discovers his perceptions of the elderly are off. Not too sure about this one - didn't great great reviews, but maybe at some point.

Company You Keep: An ex-Weather Underground member is discovered by a journalist and tries to go on the run to stay away from being identified. Has a really good cast and looks like something I might be interested in.

Hot Flashes: A bunch of middle-aged, former high school girls' champs, form a basketball team to take on the current cocky high school girls' state champs to some basketball games to raise money for breast cancer. Looks like it might actually be kind of funny - we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment