Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tuesday's With Movies: 6/18/13

Jack the Giant Slayer: The film seemed a little out of place in all of these epic-style films that have come out. Looks like they went more the children-film way than say a Lord of the Rings. Critics were not kind and the film also came right around breaking even at the box office. Though, I would never even think of checking this out in the theater - but I may give it a try on DVD.

21 & Over: One of the lone bright spots of the remake of Footloose was the guy that played Willard - Miles Tenner. Well, he seems to get an even bigger role here and I have been looking forward to checking this out. I am sure its not as good as I am hoping, but still gonna check it out.

The Last Exorcism Part II: How the hell is there a second film after something that was called The LAST Exorcism?

Movie 43: Terrible reviews.I mean like colossally bad. Still will look at it.

Stoker: OK, from what I can tell - a girl's father dies and her never-knew-existed uncle comes to live with her and her disturbed mother. Though he appears to be more than he seems, and it intrigues his niece. Mia Wasikowska is a great up-and-coming actress, really enjoyed her in The Kids Are All Right and Alice in Wonderland. Not sure if this is a movie I will enjoy - might be something I check out later on.

Late Quartet: A string quartet - that appears to be going through all of the same issues that a rock and roll band go through. Don't think it's for me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment