Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tuesday's With Movies: 4/30/13

Silver Linings Playbook: I am not sure if this is a movie I would think twice about seeing if it didn't have the actors that it does. Really enjoying Jennifer Lawrence, and Bradley Cooper is very likable. Mix that with the positive reviews - from fans - and I definitely want to check it out.

Guilt Trip: I am going to say that this is probably horrible, stupid and the jokes will fall flat and seemed forced. But, I still need to check it out at some point - I don't know why, perhaps the mix of Seth Rogen and Barbara Streisand has me intrigued.

Broken City: I went on a little action kick over the weekend - and this looks like it would have fit in perfectly with that. Looks like it could be a nice time.

Not Fade Away: Never heard of it, looks like its about a band trying to make it big. Not really something that pulls me in.

The Details: Looks like a decent cast, but these 'dark' comedies are usually hit-and-miss with me. I have found a few of them funny, but for the most part I just don't get the humor. I will probably give it a try.

The Wicked: A witch horror film. Nope.

2 comments:

  1. Silver Lining Playbook was a fantastic movie. Cooper and Lawrence enhanced it, but it probably would have been good regardless.

    Robert Di Niro is good, too.

    Only warning is it's apparently far from what the book is about. The movie basically takes the idea of the book's plot line, but that's it.

    ReplyDelete