Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday's With Movies: 3/5/13

Wreck-It Ralph: This film sort of snuck up on a lot of people this year. I remember seeing trailers for it, but it wasn't until a few weeks before its release that it really started to pick up some steam. I was lucky enough to take my son to this movie - and here's my review. But, what I took out of this was that it was the best animated feature of the year - and one of the best film's of the year. It was absolutely robbed by Brave at the Oscars. Brave was a great film, but it was middle-of-the-pack for Pixar films. I can't wait to see it again.

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2: Well, this series is finally over. They did their best to extend it as long as they could - but it is finally over. My wife enjoys this series and I have watched each and every one of them just a single time with her. We have already picked up the movie (it came out Saturday) and will just need to find the time to watch it together. I am actually interested to see how it finishes since I have put the time in to watch the other four films. Am I optimistic? No, not really.


Red Dawn: Thor and Peeta are teaming up to take out the North Koreans. In this remake of the Charlie Sheen/Patrick Swayze film of the 80s - instead of the Russians the North Koreans are invading a small town in Washington. I hadn't seen the original film until a few years ago, and I enjoyed it. I am definitely interested in checking this one out.

Playing for Keeps: A former professional athlete tries to get back into his son's life by coaching his youth soccer team. Of course, tons of strange things happen to him - and without even seeing it I am sure he gets back with his wife or mother of his child because that is always what happens in these films. But, I keep watching them and I will watch this one as well.

Lay the Favorite: Film has something to do with a gambling prodigy. I will probably check it out at some point. My question is this. Film stars (at least I believe) Bruce Willis, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Vince Vaughn, Rebecca Hall and Josh Jackson. They chose four actors to put on the poster - who would you leave out? Apparently, they chose to leave out Vaughn. Is he not the second most popular actor in that group? Very confusing.

A Dark Truth: I still find it amazing that movies are still getting made with top-level actors that I just never hear of. Apparently nobody heard of this - it made $630 in its opening weekend, and a little over $5,000 at the box office. Why even make the movie if you aren't going to publicize it?

The Bay: Horror film I don't care about of the week. Can't believe there is only one this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment