Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tuesday's With Movies: 3/12/13

Life of Pi: Even with all of the hoopla this film has received, and its director Ang Lee winning the Academy Award, I am still not really sure what the film itself is about. But, that doesn't stop me from wanting to see it. The look of the film alone has me very interested.

Rise of the Guardians: Was already able to see this in the theater and reviews it here. A lot better than I was expecting - and actually made my Top 10 list for films of last year (of the ones I saw). Definitely looking forward to seeing it again - probably near Christmas.

Smashed: Looks pretty interesting - and stars Aaron Paul of Breaking Bad. About a couple whose love is pretty much based on their mutual love of alcohol. Which happens to get tested when the wife decides to get sober.

Hitchcock: I feel like I should see this. I don't know why but nothing about it has drawn me in at all. But, I will definitely check it out eventually - but only because I feel I should.

Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away: Yeah, this is probably something I may check out when bored in Las Vegas, but I really don't see myself watching this on DVD in my home.

This Must Be the Place: I had never heard of this film - and I mean at all. When I saw the poster I thought Sean Penn was playing a girl. But, turns out he is playing a retired rock star. Yeah, nothing here that has me the slight bit interested.

The First Time: Two high schoolers come together - he is secretly pining after a girl that he cannot have, and she has a boyfriend that doesn't understand her. I am guessing that they will find what they need with each other. So far not checking this one out.

In Their Skin: No. 1.

Storage 24: No. 2.

Grave Encounters 2: No. 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment