Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tuesday's With Movies: 11/6/12

The Amazing Spider-Man: I was torn on going to see this film, but I found a free night and had a chance to go. I reviewed it here. I think this could be a really decent film franchise again - as long as they do not continue to repeat the same story lines from the Tobey Maguire franchise.

Arthur Christmas: Christmas (or holiday) films seem to be the only movies nowadays that if you miss them in the theater during their initial runs, then you have to wait a whole year to see them on DVD. Most movies in the past had this same approach, but now a few months after they leave the theater we are getting DVDs. I wanted to take my son to see this, but never got a chance. So, we will check it out when it gets here.

Fire With Fire: I cannot believe a movie with this many stars in it is being released directly to DVD. I have to believe that it would have made at least some money if it were released in the theater. I am not sure if I will check it out - but it doesn't look any worse than any other generic action flick. So, maybe.

Your Sister's Sister: I have really started to enjoy Mark Duplass a lot more, especially with his performance on F/X's The League, so I am intrigued by this one. Plus I have begun to enjoy Emily Blunt as well - so the two together I will need to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment