Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday's With Movies: 11/15/11

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: One of the franchises that I watch with my son. He has become pretty enamored with pirates and Jack Sparrow, especially. When in Florida, we road the ride about eight times. So, we will finally be checking this out once we get it. (OK, this was released in October, but apparently the DVD alone is released today).

Beginners: A father tells his son a couple of mindblowing things. That he has terminal cancer, and that he is gay. The film stars Ewan McGregor and Christopher Plummer, and looks to be pretty interesting. I will hopefully get it through Netflix and check it out then.

Larry Crowne: Since I am doing my Hanks-o-Thon I will definitely be checking this one out to complete it (well, maybe not complete at the rate I am going - since there is another film coming out soon). Julia Roberts is a complete enigma for me. There are times I can't stand her, and others where I feel she is ok. So, having her in with my favorite actor should be an interesting watch.

The Lion King: Was interesting to see this in the movie theater again, and this time experiencing it with my son. The 3D was actually done well, so I am now looking forward to the other Disney releases - not to mention the Star Wars releases. Seeing those with my son will be amazing. I already own this on DVD, so I will not be re-getting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment