Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesdays With Movies: 11/1/11

Cars 2: OK, I admit it, this film is probably near the bottom of Pixar's film list. I have only seen it once, but it is either this one or Ratatouille that is at the bottom. But, as I said, the bottom of the Pixar pile is still better then a lot of other films. I still enjoyed the film, though, and it was absolutely gorgeous to look at. My son has it coming in the mail as a birthday present - so I will probably watching it about 200 times in the next year, so I better get used to it.

Water for Elephants: I have no interest in this movie, but my wife has wanted to see it since she read the book. I have no idea why she wants to, though, because she always hates the movies of books she likes. Which is why I am of the motto: Why read? If it's any good, they'll make a movie out of it. So, I am never disappointed that a film is of lesser quality then the book it is based off of.

Crazy, Stupid, Love: What is not to like about this film? A great cast and it sure sounds like it was a great comedy. I have enjoyed Emma Stone's film, so I am pretty excited to finally watch this. Plus, it seems that Ryan Gosling is the new, next big thing - and that I will be watching him in about four or five films over the next few months.

Hot Coffee: This was a documentary that was played on HBO. It follows four different court cases, including the McDonald's case where a woman burnt her legs after dropping a cop of hot coffee on them. It looked pretty interesting at the time, and if it comes on streaming I may check it out in the future.

1 comment:

  1. She's gonna hate this movie - Water for Elephants. It really really doesn't live up to the book.

    ReplyDelete