Friday, May 6, 2011

Coming Soon

I have been trying to think of a way to mix up my 50 posts, and seeing as how I have already started creating my second 50 list - I thought something has to be mixed in sporadically.

So, I am also going to be doing a mini Hanks-O-Thon.
I will be watching (or re-watching) Tom Hanks' films from the beginning of his career. Those films are listed below (those marked with a * are films I have seen previously, but will be watching again). Hanks is my favorite actor and this is something I have always wanted to do. Plus, it gives me an excuse to finally catch up on some of his films that I have missed. It will all conclude with the release (hopefully the DVD comes out in time) of his 2011 film(s).

Well, here they are alphabetically. When I do them, however, they will be watched in chronological order:

Angels & Demons*
Apollo 13*
Bachelor Party
Big Bonfire of the Vanities
The 'burbs*
Cast Away*
Catch Me If You Can*
Charlie Wilson's War
Da Vinci Code*
Dragnet
Every Time We Say Goodbye
Forrest Gump*
Great Buck Howard
Green Mile*
Joe vs. the Volcano*
Ladykillers*
Larry Crowne
League of Their Own*
Man with One Red Shoe*
Money Pit*
Nothing in Common
Philadelphia
Polar Express*
Punchline
Road to Perdition*
Saving Private Ryan*
Sleepless in Seattle
Splash*
Terminal*
That Thing You Do*
Toy Story*
Toy Story 2*
Toy Story 3*
Turner & Hooch*
Volunteers*
You've Got Mail*

Also, I am currently 10 films away from completing my first 50 list. These have been on the list for awhile because my wife and I will be watching them together. Unfortunately, the time we have together to watch is limited. So, they will hopefully be completed soon.

That being said, I have started my second list of 50, and I am still looking for a few ideas for the final few movies. So, please send any my way if you think I may like something. Once that list is done (and my original 50 watched or almost watched) I will post the new list.

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. That's a cool idea for a personal blog-a-thon, and ambitious, too! You're kicking ass on your movie watching (and blogging) this year. Noted!

    ReplyDelete