Tuesday, June 29, 2010

TV Meme: Day 16 - My Guilty Pleasure Show

To me, when I think guilty pleasure I think of something that if found out you may feel a little embarrassed about.

So, I thought about a few of the shows that I watch and have watched and, well, the one that stuck out to me was Design Star, which just happens to be airing its fifth season as we speak.


Design Star is a reality television show, almost game show that is on HGTV. The current format has six guys and six ladies fighting it out for a chance to host their own home decorating show on HGTV.

In year's past, Clive Pearse was the host of the show and three others were considered the judges for the designers.

This year, however, Pearse is not on the show for reasons unknown to me, and the judges (Vern Yip, Genevieve Gorder and Candice Olson) have become both the judges and hosts of the show. I am not sure if I like the new format, because I did like Clive Pearse.

Each week the designers are given tasks to complete in interior design. Once completed the judges take a walk through and decide who was the best at this specific task, and who were in the bottom.

The bottom two are now brought forward and their hosting abilities are what may save them. They each are to showcase their room in their best hosting style and if the judges like what they see they may get to stick around - if not, their show is canceled.

Not sure how I got into this at the start, but I enjoyed the first season. So, I have been back for each additional season. I don't think the other seasons have lived up to the first one, but they have been pretty entertaining as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment