I have done a pair of these in the past with Can't Hardly Wait and Remember the Titans.
This time, however, the casting is not quite up to par as those I have done before it, but still a lot of actors that are known (just not maybe as well known).
So, for the third LWITM (Look Who's In That Movie) I have selected Twister.
The movies top actors at the time were Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton.
Hunt was riding pretty high with the success of her television show Mad About You. She has been pretty under the radar since then, with just a few top-tier movies since the end of Mad About You.
Paxton, however, has continued making large-scale movies, albeit in usually a secondary role. But, he has also hit it big with his Showtime hit Big Love.
Diving a little deeper I have found the following actors in Twister some of which I didn't even realize were there.
- Cary Elwes: In the film plays Dr. Jonas Miller, a rival storm chaser who is 'in it for the money' according to Paxton's character. Elwes was known pretty well before Twister as Westley in The Princess Bride and Robin of Locksley in Robin Hood: Men in Tights. But, he hadn't exactly been getting A-list material until a film entitled Saw hit it big.
- Jami Gertz: Gertz was Paxton's future bride, Dr. Melissa Reeves, until she realizes that Paxton still has the hots for his former brider, Hunt. Gertz's biggest role before Twister was as Star in The Lost Boys. She had a pretty successful show called Still Standing for a few years, and has been pretty quiet the past two years.
- Alan Ruck: 'Rabbit' Nurick, a fellow storm chaser on Hunt's team. Ruck will always be known as Cameron Frye from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. He has also been a star on the hit show Spin City as Stuart. Since then, he has been pretty busy with smaller roles in movies and guest spots on tv shows.
- Joey Slotnick: Joey, also a storm chaser. Although not particularly well-known his face certainly is. He has had a recurring role on the television series Nip/Tuck and has kept busy with bit parts and guest spots on tv shows.
- Jeremy Davies: Laurence, yet another storm chaser. Davies had a big part in the movie Saving Private Ryan with Tom Hanks. He has been pretty busy with movies since then, but has really made a name for himself again this past year with his portrayel as Daniel Faraday on the hit show Lost.
- Anthony Rapp: Rapp played Tony. You may recognize Rapp as Tony from Dazed & Confused. He also had a role in Road Trip and has become rather large again with success of the broadway show and movie Rent.
- Abraham Benrubi: Berubi played Bubba. Not a really recognizable name, but his face and rather large body easily make him recognizable. For years Benrubi played Jerry Markovic on the hit show ER. He has also played Dennis in Without a Paddle and most recently been on the show Men in Trees.
- Jake Busey: Busey was a mobile lab tech in the film. Best known for being Gary Busey's son, Jake has been pretty busy as well in both film and television.
- Alexa Vega: Vega played a young Helen Hunt in the opening sequence of the film. Vega has grown up pretty well on camera, as she starred in the trilogy Spy Kids and has remained in films pretty consistently ever since.
So, there you have it, my third film in a string of "Look Who's In That Movie", not as big as some of those high school/college movies have become, but still a lot of well-known actors - including one being thrown into Oscar winning roles.