Thursday, November 6, 2008

Top 10: Television Theme Songs

I got to thinking the other day - there aren't too many television theme songs nowadays with actual words.

Remember back in the day, television shows like Cheers, Charles In Charge, Happy Days, etc.? You could instantly think of that show thanks to its theme song. Now it's true that classical theme songs do the same thing, but where is the fun in that.

So, I have compiled a top 10 list of theme songs with lyrics. I have tried to stay as modern as possible, so some older shows didn't make the cut. And of course, this is my list, so I obviously had to be watching these shows at some point.

Anyway, the first on this list is an honorable mention - because of the shows I am watching right now it's theme song is one of the few that truly matches to show perfectly - and as it's not that old I didn't think it warranted a spot in the actual Top 10 list - so I gave it an honorable mention.

Honorable Mention - The Big Bang Theory


10) Family Guy


9) That 70's Show


8) Baywatch


7) CSI Franchise




6) The Drew Carey Show


5) Dawson's Creek


4) Saved By the Bell


3) The Fresh Prince of Bel Air


2) Scrubs


1) Friends


There you have it. That's my list.

I have also been tagged by Nick at Random Ramblings of a Demented Doorknob to do an Alphabet Meme started by Fletch at Blog Cabins - I will try to have that for you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment