Friday, November 7, 2008

Alphabet Meme

I have been tagged by Nick at R2D2, who was tagged by Fletch at Blog Cabins.

This was actually much harder than I anticipated, as I had a difficult time coming up with really anything for 'Q', so I ended up selecting the one movie I know I have seen. There were also a few other letters that gave me some problems as well, but it was fun nonetheless.

Below is the rules that Fletch made up when he started this Meme with my selection to follow.

The Rules

1. Pick one film (your favorite film) to represent each letter of the alphabet.

2. The letter "A" and the word "The" do not count as the beginning of a film's title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don't know of any films with those titles.

3. Return of the Jedi belongs under "R," not "S" as in Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi. This rule applies to all films in the original Star Wars trilogy; all that followed start with "S." Similarly, Raiders of the Lost Ark belongs under "R," not "I" as in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. In other words, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release. Conversely, all films in the LOTR series belong under "L" and all films in the Chronicles of Narnia series belong under "C," as that's what those filmmakers called their films from the start. Use your better judgement to apply the above rule to any series/films not mentioned.

4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number's word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under "T."

5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type "alphabet meme" into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King of Google.

6. If you're selected, you have to then select 5 more people.

Kano's Selections

Accepted

Back to the Future

Clue

Dazed & Confused

E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial

Flight of the Navigator

Galaxy Quest

Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle

Incredibles, The

Jurassic Park

Knocked Up

Life As A House

Miracle

Newsies

Office Space

Princess Bride

Quick & The Dead

Replacements

Star Wars

Toy Story

Unbreakable

Varsity Blues

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory

X-Men

Young Frankenstein

Z
odiac

I am officially tagging:

Aimee at The Refutation Process

Danielle at My Little Monkey

and my wife at Kano's Kogitation II (if she wants)


2 comments:

  1. Yes, another Varsity Blues lover! I knew I liked you. ;)

    Truth is, I love most of your choices...but The Replacements? It might be dumb fun, but it's too dumb and not enough fun for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on, The Replacements is classic. Yes, it's stupid - but that's the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete