Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bowling

This past weekend our friends from Arizona made a visit to our area and we decided that a group of us would go bowling.

We usually end up bowling about once or twice in a given year, so my skills are not as great as a professional - although I definitely can pretend.

After becoming a parent your life is basically consumed with playing trucks, reading books and watching Elmo videos. So, every once in awhile, it is nice to get out with real adults and interact.

We try to do this at least once every other week, whether with a game night, or this past weekend's bowling extravaganza.

Well, as usual, it was boys against girls (excuse me men against women) and again as usual, the men prevailed in both games. Although in the second game, the closest person I know to a professional bowling did defeat me. I bowled a 115 in my first game, and a gentlemen's 100 in the second.

My wife, God bless her soul, is more of the Wii bowler. Despite her very odd, and sometimes scary delivery while playing Wii, she has pretty much mastered the game and dismantles me basically every time.

Real bowling, however, is not Wii bowling - as most of us have proven.

All in all it was a nice night - and I definitely look forward to our next outing. I absolutely love playing with my son, but every once in a while it's nice to have an adult night.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, just say it. The women lost because Erika sucks at real bowling. I thought my 55 average was stellar! It was way higher than my low of 23. :)

    ReplyDelete