Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Well, three years ago today I became a man. I changed my life forever - and I must say for the better. I took on the responsibility of a family.

Three years ago today, I married the love of my life.

We had been dating since 2000, and had basically become inseparable ever since. I did go to a separate college from her for a year, but we each made the trip to see each other at least every other week. And, again we were separated for an entire summer - and once more (after I graduated and started working) while she finished her last semester.

I popped the question on New Year's Eve (well technically New Year's Day 2004) after midnight at a hotel room in Plattsburgh. She, of course, thought I was joking and immediately started laughing. But, she noticed the look on my face, and how serious I was - then of course noticed the ring and started crying. She said yes of course.

The next couple years were pretty busy. We were still going to college in Pittsburgh, all the while planning our wedding. We had planned the entire wedding for Pittsburgh, until a wrench was thrown into the mix.

I had received a job in our hometown of Plattsburgh. Erika, still had a semester left of college. My parents, who had been living in Pittsburgh for a few years now, decided to move back to Plattsburgh. So, everyone (once Erika graduated) would be back in Plattsburgh - why would we have our wedding in Pittsburgh?

Well, I was then given the daunting task of tracking down everything we would need to have our wedding in Plattsburgh (a little less than a year before the wedding). Well, we found the church - and I found the hall - plus I knew a lady who was perfect with flowers. Things sort of fell into place - and it couldn't have gone better.

Our wedding was gorgeous. Everyone we wanted to be there was there. The weather was beautiful (although hot). And Erika looked fantastic. I, of course, probably looked like a schlub.

We got married at St. Peter's church and the party moved to Crickets in Peru for the reception. The only hitch of the night went when the electricity went out due to the heat. Of course, knocking out the air conditioning and fans. But, we charged on - and it was magical. The night ended at a family friends house, for after hours party.

We didn't get to stay long as we headed out the next morning (at 4 a.m.) to catch our flight to San Juan to make our cruise. And that was a beautiful week as well, and I think we had a blast.

If I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. I am truly lucky to have found my soul mate, my best friend, the love of my life. Thanks for being my wife.

Happy Anniversary, Erika! I love you with all of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary Keith! Sometimes it feels like your wedding was just last summer, and sometimes it seems like it was forever ago that I was living in NY. I wish you two all the best as usual.

    ReplyDelete