Friday, April 4, 2008

Conspiracy Theory

I don't usually get online much during the weekend, so I thought I would write a second blog for the weekend.

I have come to the conclusion that someone is watching me. They might not be still watching me, but they were at least watching me while I was in college. During my time at college I took a lot of writing classes, especially creative writing classes. Of course in those classes you are forced to be, well, creative. During one of those classes I began a story about a young man with super powers. I named that story Johnny Underpants. In this story, a young man is late for school one day, and with sleep still in his eyes throws on his clothes, mistakenly putting his underpants on outside his regular pants. In doing so, it triggered a power in him that gave him super strength, x-ray vision, super speed, etc. I thought the story was pretty good, especially for something I had to think up on the fly during a college class.

Well, a few years had passed by and I went to a bookstore in Pittsburgh, and what do I find? A copy of a book called Captain Underpants. Now this isn't exactly my story about Johnny, but come on, the resemblance is pretty uncanny. This could have been a book that I wrote. I should be raking in this guys money.

But the conspiracy doesn't stop there.

Just this year it got a little deeper. In possibly that same class, I can't remember, I wrote another short story entitled Bank Jobs. In this story a father and his friend rob banks to help pay for the medical bills for the father's sick daughter. Now, I have not seen, nor do I think I will see, the new movie entitled The Bank Job. I know it may not be exactly modeled after my short story, but it's just another smack to the face. A movie with the title of my short story. I feel like I am living that movie Big Fat Liar.

I don't know what exactly is happening, but I do know that for every other story, script, note that I write I will be keeping an eye over my shoulder. Someone is definitely cashing in on my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment